IntegriLIPID CCT or Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is derived from Coconut Oil and creates a barrier on the skin’s surface, which helps to reduce skin dryness by decreasing moisture loss. It has an emollient texture that helps to thicken formulations and features a very nice slip to facilitate easy application of lotions and natural strength deodorants without a greasy after-feel. See more below.
IntegriLIPID CCT or Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, is not a chemical, but rather a clear liquid that is derived from coconut oil and is essentially a fatty acid. Products labeled “clean,” “natural,” or “organic” may still contain IntegriLIPID CCT even though technically it is not found in nature. Before it can be used in formulations, the original product undergoes a chemical process to break it down into a pure, oil-like substance.
IntegriLIPID CCT is a multi-functional ingredient, and is found in sunscreens, body lotions, and eye creams, in addition to skincare products like moisturizers and cleansers. It’s effective enough to work on rough, dryer skin found around the body and gentle enough to be used near and around the eyes. IntegriLIPID CCT also provides strong antioxidant protection that helps skincare products last longer as it amplifies any other antioxidants found within a particular formulation.
Features and Benefits of IntegriLIPID CCT:
- Smoothes out skin’s surface: Because IntegriLIPID CCT is an emollient, it helps to soften and smooth out the skin’s texture over time.
- Helps fight acne: Due to its antioxidant properties, IntegriLIPID CCT will help to deactivate acne-causing bacteria on the skin.
- Replenishes the skin’s barrier: IntegriLIPID CCT helps to reduce redness and dryness; it replenishes the skin’s barrier and promotes smooth, glowing skin.
- May be used by any skin type as it is non-comedogenic and will not clog pores.
- Generally considered safe even for those with sensitive skin, but should be avoided by those who are, or may be allergic to coconut.