A unique, eco-designed liquid shea ester for a light, silky soft feel in skin, sun and hair care products. Suitable for cold processing.
Natural shea butter increases moisture, protects the skin barrier and creates a smooth, powdery, sensorial skin feel. Provides low viscosity pigment dispersions at high loads. Cold process; time and energy efficient. Excellent solubilizer for organic UV mineral sunscreens; leaves no whitening or chalky skin residue.
Good solubilizing and dispersion capacity for both organic and inorganic UV filters make Lipex Shea Light suitable for use in all types of sun care where a high SPF in combination with good aesthetics is essential.
• Comparative studies on Lipex SheaSolve™ show effects on:
– Crystalline, solid organic UV filters – good solubility and aesthetics.
– Powder type inorganic UV filters – low viscosity dispersions with high pigment load.
– Final performance of formulated products – lower ghosting, better absorption and improved finish.
• Low viscosity, high polarity and good spreadability ensure uniform coating of hair with a thin, weightless, moisturizing film to improve silkiness, shine, combability, making Lipex SheaLight a good alternative to non-volatile silicone oils,
mineral oils and synthetic esters in hair care and styling treatments.
• Lipex SheaSolve™ alone, or in combination with Lipex L’sens, has been shown to outperform both synthetic and placebo benchmarks in reducing wet combing force reduction, making it an excellent choice for rinse-off conditioning treatments.
• Readily biodegradable, Lipex SheaSolve™ can be combined with eco-friendly surfactants to produce environmentally-safe shampoos and conditioners.
• Solubilizing properties make it possible to incorporate actives that can otherwise be difficult to include in regular hair and scalp treatment systems.